Legacy Wealth Planning questions answered here by our estate planning attorney Richard L. Gershberg. We offer our guidance and support to those with questions in the Owings Mills, Maryland and surrounding areas. Contact our office today for assistance at (410) 654-3850.
What is Legacy Wealth Planning?
What is “traditional” estate planning?
Why do I need an estate plan?
What is the difference between “traditional” estate planning and Legacy Wealth Planning?
If I don’t create an estate plan, won’t the government provide one for me?
What is a Family Wealth Trust?
What’s the difference between having a Will and a Living Trust?
How does a Family Wealth Trust differ from a Revocable Living Trust?
The possibility of a disabling injury or illness scares me. What would happen if I were mentally disabled and had no estate plan or just a Will?
Why should I have a Family Wealth Trust?
- Provides for the immediate transfer or trust management and distribution in the future of assets after death;
- Allows for a smooth transition of management upon incapacity or death;
- Avoids the expense and hassle of probate proceedings;
- Minimizes estate taxes and defers payment of estate taxes for married couples;
- Allows for continued control over assets after death or incapacity;
- Provides security to you and your loved ones;
- Protects your children’s inheritance from their own potential divorce;
- Safeguards your estate for your kids if your surviving spouse remarries;
- Offers flexibility.